I saw coheed and cambria at a tiny venue in paris and then......well hung out with them in a cafe...
heres the deal:

Courtney and I show up and I am totally pumped and ready for some coheed. We meet some british guys who came down for the show and a nice french girl who discovered coheed when she was living with a host family in VIRGINIA (who would've thought!)

The evening began with a french band--pretty good music and they were definitely easy on the eyes ;) They played some of their own stuff--in english?--and then they covered an armor for sleep song which left me quite satisfied with their set.
Then it was time for my loves.
Once they hit the stage it was non-stop bliss. They played all my faves and some of their new stuff which was amazing as usual!! Their encore was final cut which transitioned into one of the most entertaining jam sessions I've witnessed. There was some battling between instruments and lots of interesting playing by claudio....2 guitars??
When the show was over courtney and i milled around and a
very nice parisien come up and said "so you like this band?" to which a very quick "uhhh obviously!" comes out of my mouth. So he proceeds to give us two all access passes. SWEET!As the security guys shuffled everyone without passes out the door courtney and i waited for a little coheed action.
Mike was the first one out and I approached him with the usual "amazing show etc etc" and then basically we just hung out talking to him for a while and then we all headed out for drinks.
We met some nice english girls who had known mike for a while now who have introduced us to a new scottish band who will be in paris on monday?? Courtney and I ended up grabbing some drinks and a seat with mike and hanging out waiting for the rest of the guys.
Claudio and Travis made their way out and we had some random chats before the two headed off to mc-do and we settled back in with mike. We had quite a few ridiculous convos before they had to head off to the airport to head back home. Mike said they will be in back in London in the spring so I'm hoping for another wonderful night next semester!


It was fabulous. I am so in love with the fact that they are so great to their fans. I left the concert/brasserie on such a high.
I needed that concert and a touch of home after this ridiculous week!
(^^post cafe pics)
these pictures are just a taste of the wonderfulness check out my webshots later for the rest...and i have a few videos!
oh and i apologize if you read this blog before i edited it.....wow adding pictures mixed up lots of the sentences....strange....
send love!
4 comments:
OMG!, its me, the british guy from the show! what are the chances, i was just looking for some pics from the show, and there you are!...
if you've got msn add me
twenty_one_thirteen@hotmail.com
xXx
How can I check out the pics if you don't post them??
i think my computer hates webshots....the website wont load....its a blank screen and says done...i dont understand!
You groupie you. You're living my life! If you don't keep a journal, you better start. I sure wish I had.
I'm going to see Band of Horses (Ella's nephew) kick off their new tour Oct 14 in Atlanta, then Nov 2nd to see them in DC at 930 Club with Maguire. (Girls weekend) They are doing Letterman for 2nd time on Oct 16. They are no longer opening for The Shins, they are headlining.
Crazy Aunt Donnie
Post a Comment