Sunday, October 21, 2007

Living My Food Network Dream

This has been quite the weekend.

Thursday: i went out for coffee and found myself in the middle of the greve. Yep thats right the strikers were demonstrating from Place de Republique to Place Nation and they were walking right past us....flares loudspeakers, banners and all. Afterwards I journeyed down to Pere Lachaise which was AMAZING. Its one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Also it wasnt very crowded b
ecause I dont think people wanted to venture over there without the metro. The leaves were falling and the weather was crisp. i loved it. Thursday night Anna, Caitlin and I had dinner in our little corner of town and it was great food and company.

Friday: I did absolutely nothing. I did some work and I slept. Thats it. Then Friday night Caitlin
and I checked out the bars/cafes in our area and it was a total success. We found a super cute place where we were actually able to SPEAK FRENCH with people and we ended up hanging out till close. Anna and I are planning to return there this weekend sometime for another fun french night!

Saturday: We had a "degustation du vin" at the Musee du Vin where we tasted 5 different wines and learned all about tasting and smelling all the aromas of the wines.....very nice. Then we walked around Trocodero for a while and saw EVERY BRITISH PERSON EVER! I dont think anyone was left in England cause they were all here! and they were all obnoxious and of course they dont make any effort to speak french.....We ran into a couple of Rugby fans on the train who were talking to us about London and our respective cities in the US. Saturday night was then spent, not watching the game but instead checking out Moliere's Le Malade Imaginaire at the Comedie Francaise. It was fun but I was definitely exhausted after.

THEN TODAY!!! My food network dreams came true. I spent the morning at the Salon du Chocolat here in Paris. It is a HUGE chocolate expo with over 150 different vendors from all around the world and i stuffed myself silly with chocolates. I had some amazing Free Trade stuff that I ended up buying, the best chocolat chaud EVER and lots of other great things....including Pate with Chocolate Onions on top (SO GOOD!). Afterwards Anna and I ventured over to the Jardin de Luxembourg which I hadnt seen yet and had a nice little lunch of crepes and croque madame.

Today was good but now i have to crack down and begin preparing for my exams that are at the end of the week.
This is gonna be rough! but mommy/sissy/grammy come on SATURDAY!!!

BISES! <3>

No comments: